Join the HQ Greensboro Team.
JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, with benefits/Non-exempt
REPORTING TO: Executive Director
The Business Development Manager of HQ Greensboro will be responsible for all events, membership, and office sales. Additionally, this person will be responsible for working with the Executive Director and Co-Founders on the development of new partnerships and projects and other duties as listed below.
This is an at-will employment, which means either party may terminate this agreement at any time, for any reason. HQ Greensboro is an equal opportunity employer.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- SALES AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- EVENTS & MEETINGS
- Coordinate opportunities from prospect through to fulfillment
- Administrative tasks including managing and following up on leads, managing events calendar, event contracts, tracking and collecting payments, and coordination with event management staff
- Daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reporting of metrics to track growth
- Create and maintain fruitful relationships with clients and event vendors
- Recruit and onboard new members
- Tour potential members
- Collect and manage data
- Work with HQ staff to maintain an enjoyable and professional work environment for members and guests.
- Coordinate leasing opportunities from prospect through to fulfillment
- Tour potential tenants
- Collect and manage data
- Work with incoming teams/suite members on space needs for new offices
- Maintain and track lease agreements, renew leases when they are set to expire
- SPONSORSHIPS + DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
- Work with staff and co-founders to develop new partnerships and projects
- Contribute to sponsorship deliverables on an as-needed basis
- EXTERNAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Booths and conference attendance
- Attend external community events
- Physical marketing materials
The following qualifications, or equivalents, are the minimum requirements necessary to perform the essential functions of this job:
- Education and formal training: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Work Experience: Experience in sales, marketing, and hospitality is desired. Experience working in a coworking environment is also desired but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to multi-task and possesses a strong work ethic. They are metric-driven and detail-oriented, have experience with CRM systems, show strong networking skills, and operate well in a small team setting.
Standard work hours are Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00 pm; unless otherwise required to meet responsibilities. Some night and weekend work may be required. Work is primarily sedentary and inside, with some standing, carrying of materials. Physical activity increases during special events.
ABOUT HQ GREENSBORO
HQ Greensboro is an entrepreneurial hub and coworking space located in Downtown Greensboro. The company was born out of the collaboration between HQ Raleigh and HQ Greensboro’s four co-founders – Andy Zimmerman, Ken Causey, April Harris and Ryan Barry. Since 2015, HQ Greensboro has offered access to flexible and affordable space to entrepreneurs, small businesses, remote employees, and other business professionals. Currently, HQ Greensboro supports more than 90 individual companies and 165 community members representing industries ranging from tech, marketing, non-profits, and more. HQ also provides excellent programs so that the entrepreneurial community in Greensboro can grow and make the Triad one of the top entrepreneurial communities in the nation.
Below are the values that guide the HQ community and everything that we do.
– Be Authentic: Together, HQ staff and members build a fun place to work by sharing their own unique talents and interests.
– Empower Others: HQ values collaboration and cooperation. This is a respectful place where it is safe to share ideas, inspirations and creativity.
– Drive Forward with Purpose: HQ wants to fill its community with people who have a strategic vision and the courage and determination to accomplish that vision.
– Think Big! HQ values everyone’s hopes, dreams and visions for the future! All are invited to join and build on the conversation.
– Leave the World Better than you Found it: Through individual action and its business model, HQ strives to care for the people, economy and planet.
– Embrace Diversity: HQ wants to create an inclusive community where everyone feels welcome and can contribute equally.
To apply: Submit a letter of interest and current resume to email@example.com.
Deadline: April 5, 2020