- Wed23Aug20175:00pm - 7:30pmHQ Greensboro
Guilford County Community Indicators Event
Join Code for Greensboro at HQ Greensboro on August 23rd, from 5:00pm-7:30pm as the Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro, Cone Health, Healthy High Point, and other community partners come together to educate and engage the public on the Guilford County Community Indicators Project.
During the event, we’ll be exhibiting various examples of existing CIP dashboards and datasets including Mecklenburg County’s Quality of Life Explorer, the City of Greensboro's Open Gate City Data Program, Piedmont Health Counts, as well the early stages of Guilford County’s own Community Indicators Dashboard.
Our main talk will be from Tobin Bradley, a designer and developer for Mecklenberg County, creator of the Mecklenberg County Quality of Life Explorer, and recipient of the G. Herbert Stout Award for Visionary Use of GIS. We will also have presentations from Kathy Colville of Piedmont Health Counts, as well as Jason Marshall of the City of Greensboro, and Leonard Lawson of Code for Greensboro.
For the final part of the program, we’ll ask you to give your feedback about the information you think our community should collect and what data you would like to see included. This is an on-going project that continues to grow and gain community partners, so if you’re interested in collaborating and contributing, we’ll be happy tell you about the ways to get involved!
Wine and light appetizers provided during the event, as well as delicious treats provided by Insomnia Cookies!
- 5:00pm-5:30pm: Pre-presentation mingling; appetizers & refreshments served.
- 5:30pm-6:00pm: Tobin Bradley's Presentation on Mecklenburg Quality of Life Explorer.
- 6:00pm-7:00pm: Attendees view and interact with different dashboards (exhibits) up on screens; ask questions and learn how each system works.
- 7:00pm-7:30pm: Partner remarks; Audience feedback; event wrap-up.