HQ GREENSBORO INTERNSHIP
Applications due by Friday, April 15, 2020
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and a current resume to email@example.com.
The HQ Internship Program is designed for students who are focusing on business, entrepreneurship, HR, operations, project management, environmental studies, event management, marketing, design, or other relevant studies, who are interested in immersing themselves in a community of entrepreneurs and getting hands on experience with space operations. Interns will be trained in the HQ Way and focus primarily on day-to-day space operations, customer service, community management and administrative tasks, but will be introduced into the community to build their professional networks. HQ staff will also work closely with interns to identify professional goals and develop programming and connections that are specific to their areas of interest.
- Administrative & Operations
- Greet public and refer them to appropriate staff members, answer phone, take messages, and check emails when on the front desk.
- Carry out daily checklist
- Keep space clean and tidy
- Monitor cleanliness of all aspects of the facilities
- Community Building
- Assist members with issues or questions
- Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with employees, peers, and community members.
- Assist HQ Staff with hosting rotating happy hours and other community events
- Based on the intern’s interest areas other tasks may be assigned such as: social media maintenance, graphic design, community engagement, facility management, sales, etc.
- Attending team meetings
- Task Management
- Operations/Inventory Management
- Professional writing and correspondence
- Event Planning (if applicable)
- Marketing (if applicable)
- Software Education, including: Google Docs, Canva, Mailchimp, Coworks, Trello, Slack, WordPress
- Increased knowledge about business and entrepreneurship, fundraising, etc.
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Action planning
- Keen eye for detail and processes
- Past experience in restaurant or other hospitality background
- Good attitude
- Willing to “roll up your sleeves” and clean or help out your fellow coworkers and interns
- Customer service experience
- Interest/Studies in entrepreneurship and/or entrepreneurial community or another relevant areas
The Summer Internship Program will commence in May 2020 and conclude in August 2020. Interns will be asked to commit 15-20 hours per week working at HQ Greensboro.
This is an unpaid work-trade position, but all interns receive the following benefits. We can also work with your university to coordinate university credit.
- Instantly connected to a network of successful local and global entrepreneurs.
- A full-time membership during your time here and for three months beyond the duration of your internship.
- Full-time membership comes with access to the co-working area, conference room time, WIFI, complimentary coffee, and free access to all regular HQ events.
- Regular meetings with the HQ team to review projects and work through challenges you face with your projects.
- Experience in a booming industry.
WHO CAN APPLY
Undergraduate or graduate students with flexibility to physically be in the space at least 15 hours per week.
ABOUT HQ GREENSBORO
HQ Greensboro is an entrepreneurial hub and coworking space located in Downtown Greensboro. The company was born out of the collaboration between HQ Raleigh and HQ Greensboro’s four co-founders – Andy Zimmerman, Ken Causey, April Harris and Ryan Barry. Since 2015, HQ Greensboro has offered access to flexible and affordable space to entrepreneurs, small businesses, remote employees, and other business professionals. Currently, HQ Greensboro supports more than 90 individual companies and 165 community members representing industries ranging from tech, marketing, non-profits, and more. HQ also provides excellent programs so that the entrepreneurial community in Greensboro can grow and make the Triad one of the top entrepreneurial communities in the nation.
Below are the values that guide the HQ community and everything that we do.
– Be Authentic: Together, HQ staff and members build a fun place to work by sharing their own unique talents and interests.
– Empower Others: HQ values collaboration and cooperation. This is a respectful place where it is safe to share ideas, inspirations and creativity.
– Drive Forward with Purpose: HQ wants to fill its community with people who have a strategic vision and the courage and determination to accomplish that vision.
– Think Big! HQ values everyone’s hopes, dreams and visions for the future! All are invited to join and build on the conversation.
– Leave the World Better than you Found it: Through individual action and its business model, HQ strives to care for the people, economy and planet.
– Embrace Diversity: HQ wants to create an inclusive community where everyone feels welcome and can contribute equally.
To apply: Submit a letter of interest and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: April 15, 2020