111 west lewis internship program
We are now accepting applications for our Fall 2020 Internship Program. Applications are due by September 1, 2020.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and a current resume to email@example.com.
Please read below for details on our two internship opportunities: 111 Community Intern and 111 Marketing Intern
111 COMMUNITY INTERN
The 111 Community Internship is designed for students who are focusing on business, entrepreneurship, HR, operations, project management, event management, or other relevant studies, who are interested in immersing themselves in a community of entrepreneurs and getting hands on experience with space operations. Interns will be trained in the 111 Way and focus primarily on day-to-day space operations, customer service, community management and administrative tasks, but will be introduced into the community to build their professional networks. 111 staff will also work closely with interns to identify professional goals and develop programming and connections that are specific to their areas of interest.
- Administrative & Operations
- Greet public and refer them to appropriate staff members, answer phone, take messages, and check emails when on the front desk.
- Carry out daily checklist
- Keep space clean and tidy
- Monitor cleanliness of all aspects of the facilities
- Community Building
- Assist members with issues or questions
- Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with employees, peers, and community members.
- Assist 111 Staff with hosting rotating happy hours and other community events
- Based on the intern’s interest areas other tasks may be assigned such as: social media maintenance, graphic design, community engagement, facility management, sales, etc.
- Attending team meetings
111 MARKETING INTERN
111 West Lewis is seeking student interns for Fall 2020. The Marketing Intern will assist in the marketing, communications, content creation, and PR efforts at111 West Lewis. This internship provides the opportunity to work first-hand with a small team in a growing, downtown business. Hours are flexible, however, expectations will be high. The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a high degree of proficiency with online marketing tools, ability to multi-task, and a strong work ethic. Interns should preferably major in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or Design. We are looking for someone who is creative, driven, self-motivated and has strong writing skills. Video, photography and design skills are a plus!
- Curate the weekly 111 Newsletter
- Graphic design assignments as needed
- Create content such as 111 member spotlights, press releases about 111 initiatives, and blog posts
- Help manage and regularly update 111 social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Provide an excellent customer service experience to 111 members, tenants, partners and guests
- Dedicate 2 working hours per week to the front desk
- Other tasks as assigned
The Fall Internship Program will commence in September 2020 and conclude in November 2020. Interns will be asked to commit 15-20 hours per week working at 111 West Lewis.
This is an unpaid work-trade position, but all interns receive the following benefits. We can also work with your university to coordinate university credit.
- Instantly connected to a network of successful local and global entrepreneurs.
- A full-time membership during your time here and for three months beyond the duration of your internship.
- Full-time membership comes with access to the co-working area, conference room time, WIFI, complimentary coffee, and free access to all regular 111 events.
- Regular meetings with the 111 team to review projects and work through challenges you face with your projects.
- Experience in a booming industry.
WHO CAN APPLY
ABOUT 111 West Lewis
how do i apply?
Please submit a letter of interest and a current resume to Gabi Looney at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1.