HQ Greensboro is seeking a Sales & Business Development Intern for Spring 2020. This internship program provides the opportunity to work first-hand with a small team in a growing, downtown business and to engage with Greensboro’s entrepreneurial community. Hours are flexible, however, expectations will be high. The ideal candidates have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a high degree of proficiency with online tools, ability to multi-task, and a strong work ethic.
We require all applicants to hold a Junior or Senior standing at a 4-year university in the Greensboro area, majoring in Business, Economics, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Assist in sales and lead tracking
- Cold calling potential clients, sponsors, or community partners
- Coordinate with clients leading up to their events, send correspondence collecting information and confirming their event/meeting
- Provide an excellent customer service experience to HQ members, tenants, partners and guests
- Research GSO community events and prospect potential partners
- Dedicate 2 working hours per week to the front desk
- Volunteer at two HQ-hosted event per month
- Lead tours of HQ Greensboro
The Spring Internship Program will commence in January 2020 and conclude in May 2020. Interns will be asked to commit 10-15 hours per week working at HQ Greensboro.
This is an unpaid work-trade position, but all interns receive the following benefits. We can also work with your university to coordinate university credit.
- Instantly connected to a network of successful local and global entrepreneurs.
- A full-time membership during your time here and for three months beyond the duration of your internship.
- Full-time membership comes with access to the co-working area, conference room time, WIFI, complimentary coffee, and free access to all regular HQ events.
- Regular meetings with the HQ team to review projects and work through challenges you face with your projects.
- Experience in a booming industry.
TO APPLY, please complete the application form by Friday, December 14.
Please prepare to provide the following documents with your application form:
- A cover letter
- Resume and/or C.V.
- two (2) letter of recommendation