NORTHSTATE TECH LAB
Across the nation and here in North Carolina’s Piedmont Triad, entrepreneurs are driving future economic success and community vitality. They bring innovative ideas to the marketplace, provide new solutions to problems, and create new jobs that attract and retain talent. They infuse our region with their creative approach, passion and ideas.
That’s why, in 2018, NorthState and HQ Greensboro joined forces to create the NorthState Tech Lab—a six-week, no cost boot camp with a two-month resident membership at HQ Greensboro.
APPLICATIONS NOW AVAILABLE FOR SPRING 2020
We are now accepting applications for the Spring 2020 NorthState Tech Lab program, set to take place April 13, 2020 through May 18, 2020. Applications are due Friday, February 28.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
The Spring 2020 NorthState Tech Lab is designed for social impact startups and small companies meeting these criteria:
- Socially conscious, for-profit companies who are building their businesses to make a positive social impact.
- Pre-revenue and well-developed idea-stage social startups are also eligible on a case-by-case basis, as are non-profit spinouts and hybrids that are driven primarily by revenue vs. grants.
- Use (or will use) technology to create, support or scale solutions that address real customer problems or opportunities
- Committed to moving their business and mission forward and to helping their cohort peers to do the same.
MEET THE GRADUATES OF THE NORTHSTATE TECH LAB
NORTHSTATE TECH LAB IN THE NEWS
- Fall Program to Begin at NorthState Tech Lab at HQ Greensboro | October 3, 2019, YES! Weekly
- Local coffee business paying it forward | August 9, 2019, Fox8
- Incubators, accelerators offer Triad startups two scarce resources – money and time | October 19, 2018, Triad Business Journal
- Charging ahead: 123 years later, NorthState continues to build its identity and its legacy | February 22, 2018, Triad Business Journal
- First classes begin at NorthState Tech Lab at HQ Greensboro | January 19, 2018, YES! Weekly
- New NorthState Tech Lab at HQ Greensboro picks first 4 startups | January 17, 2018, WRAL TechWire
- HQ Raleigh, Centerline Digital open new space; HQ Greensboro names exec director, partners with NorthState for tech lab | December 7, 2017, WRAL TechWire
- How the NorthState Tech lab plans take startups to the ‘next level’ | December 6, 2017, Triad Business Journal
- NorthState, HQ Greensboro launch program for Triad startups | December 5, 2017, Triad Business Journal