NORTHSTATE TECH LAB
Across the nation and here in North Carolina’s Piedmont Triad, entrepreneurs are driving future economic success and community vitality. They bring innovative ideas to the marketplace, provide new solutions to problems, and create new jobs that attract and retain talent. They infuse our region with their creative approach, passion and ideas.
That’s why, in 2018, NorthState and HQ Greensboro joined forces to create the NorthState Tech Lab—a six-week, no cost boot camp with a two-month resident membership at HQ Greensboro.
Applications are now CLOSED. The deadline to apply for the Fall 2019 NorthState Tech Lab program was midnight Thursday, September 12.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
This fall, we’re particularly interested in applicants who are change makers—entrepreneurs who combine their entrepreneurial passion with a social mission to make an even greater impact in the community. These social impact entrepreneurs intentionally build businesses to provide new or better solutions that address a wide range of issues facing society.
The Fall 2019 Tech Lab is designed for startups and small companies meeting these criteria:
- Socially conscious, for-profit companies who are building their business to make a positive social impact.
- Pre-revenue and well-developed idea-stage social startups are also eligible on a case-by-case basis, as are non-profit spin outs.
- Use (or will use) technology to create, support or scale solutions that address real customer problems or opportunities
- Committed to moving their business and mission forward and to helping their cohort peers to do the same.
Monday evening bootcamp sessions run from September 30 to November 11, 2019, 5:30-7:30pm
We’ll cover topics that are specific to social impact ventures as well as those that are common to all young businesses that are positioning themselves for growth and scale, including specific sessions on how to use technology as a growth tool. We’ll adjust the content as indicated by the needs and interests of the group.
Session format will be a mixture of:
- Expert presentations and hands-on “how-to” workshops – with lots of Q&A
- Round tables with selected entrepreneurs and experts
- Peer-only discussions
- One-on-one coaching sessions
- Two networking sessions—at the beginning and end of the bootcamp—where you’ll present your company and make valuable connections with people who can help during and after the program
Session topics to include:
- Strengthening your Business Model
- Branding and Marketing
- Getting More Customers
- Presenting Your Business
MEET OUR NORTHSTATE TECH LAB COMPANIES
ONYX OCEAN TECHNOLOGIES
A software development company that specializes in custom software, mobile applications and website design.
Use Howgorithm to quickly create and search how-to flowcharts for free!
A premium, direct-trade coffee company that uses 15% of its earnings to provide clean water in parts of the world where the need is the greatest.
An extensive case-based online study platform created by top physician educators from around the globe to assist you in your Hem-Onc fellowship training journey.
Pendragon 3D specializes in providing 3D scanning, 3D printing and laser engraving services.
MEDIATION SOLUTIONS GROUP, LLC
This company works with corporations and entrepreneurs to sustain retention and bottom-line profitability and productivity strategies with a signature training package.
NORTHSTATE TECH LAB IN THE NEWS
- Local coffee business paying it forward | August 9, 2019, Fox8
- Incubators, accelerators offer Triad startups two scarce resources – money and time | October 19, 2018, Triad Business Journal
- Charging ahead: 123 years later, NorthState continues to build its identity and its legacy | February 22, 2018, Triad Business Journal
- First classes begin at NorthState Tech Lab at HQ Greensboro | January 19, 2018, YES! Weekly
- New NorthState Tech Lab at HQ Greensboro picks first 4 startups | January 17, 2018, WRAL TechWire
- HQ Raleigh, Centerline Digital open new space; HQ Greensboro names exec director, partners with NorthState for tech lab | December 7, 2017, WRAL TechWire
- How the NorthState Tech lab plans take startups to the ‘next level’ | December 6, 2017, Triad Business Journal
- NorthState, HQ Greensboro launch program for Triad startups | December 5, 2017, Triad Business Journal